International Criminal Background Checks | International Pre-Employment Screening
Take all the twists, turns, complexities and legalities associated with domestic U.S. employment background screening….and multiply it by at least 165! That, is the very essence of the international pre-employment screening environment and nobody knows it better, or does it better than the professionals at Accurate Information Systems. Whether it’s screening an international ex-pat currently working and living in the United States or whether it’s screening an international Candidate for employment in a country other than the United States, the minefield of legal and cultural obstacles that exist are numerous, sensitive and must be respected.
The rate of growth in the U.S. employment screening market has created a perception that background screening is commonplace and that information on individuals is rampant and easily obtained. That isn’t exactly true in the United States and it certainly isn’t true on a global scale. The culture of international pre-employment background screening is as varied and intricate as the cultures of each country. While the “culture of background screening” continues to evolve country-by-country and region-by-region, the hiring and screening practices of each country differ greatly, as do the sources and availability of information required to fulfill the various components of an individual background investigation.
Still, the benefits that are enjoyed by many US companies that have embraced the use of a strong and purposed background investigation program to avoid the risks associated with making a “bad hire” are now being experienced by companies with similar policies and practices world-wide. The task today is choosing the right background investigation company that possesses the knowledge, skill and expertise to navigate the waters and landscapes of global background investigations.
AIS’ investigative professionals welcome the opportunity to work with organizations of all size to help define and establish for them the background screening programs that best meet their organizational needs and goals.
- Screening reduces risks associated with negligent hiring/retention/promotion litigation.
- Identifies the best Candidate for the position.
- Creates a confident, unified and robust work force.
- Reduced rate of employee turnover.
- Well-structured and executed background screening programs and policies attract top recruitment prospects and deter individuals with less than credible qualifications or intentions.
- Reduce training and termination costs associated with unsuitable Candidates.
International Pre-Employment Screening Services (where legally permissible)
- Local Criminal Search
- State Criminal Search
- National Criminal Search
- Criminality Searches
- Substance Abuse Testing
- Credit Report
- Financial Stability Indicators Search
- Identity Confirmation (passport, national identification documents)
- Driving Record (MVR) Search
- Education History Searches
- Employment History Searches
- Professional License Verification
- Personal/Professional Reference Interviews
- World Terrorist/Homeland Security (Patriot Act) Search
- Bankruptcy/Insolvency Searches
- National Litigation Search
- State/Local Litigation Search
- State/County Tax Lien Search
- Financial Regulatory Search
- Media Searches
AIS professionals will assist in the development of international/global background screening programs and policies including, but not limited to:
- Pre-Employment Screening
- Post-Hire Screening
- Promotion/Retention Screening
- Volunteer Screening
- Contingent Workforce/Vendor Screening
- Perpetual Screening
- Credentialing Compliance